Thursday, July 25, 2013

La de da.

I have been filming scenes for my book trailer the past two days. Lots of stopmotion... It's very tricky. Here is a sneak preview:

 

BEWARE the Phantom Knee!!!

Tonight I have been re-organizing my doll cabinet while reminiscing about my childhood. Namely Thomas the Tank Engine and Shining Time Station. And Between the Lions and Theodore Tugboat. And there's always Old Bear Stories and Arthur and Dragon Tales..... They really don't make TV like they used to.
Especially Thomas. He used to be a real train. Now he's just CGI and he looks horrible. Did you know Ringo Starr (former Beatle) did Thomas' voice for the first two seasons? I think that's really cool! I was watching an interview with him where he was talking about Thomas. He said that one of the reasons he agreed to do it was because they were going to make it look good - not cheap. Well, Ringo, you predicted the future because now Thomas looks cheap. His other reason for doing it was because he's good with kids - he used to be one when he was younger.

Anyway...

Live long and prosper.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see the trailer!

    Ah, reminiscing with old movies can be such fun. Too bad I don't get to do more of it ... With two sibs under the age of ten, watching kid shows is mandatory. But I agree, CGing Thomas was not their brightest idea.

    ReplyDelete